Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bigfoot Update

Well, the big day came and went without much notice, but the guys who claim to have found a bigfoot carcass are still sticking by their story. This despite some unconvincing pictures and DNA test results of three samples sent to the University of Minnesota which came back stating that one was human, one was possum and the third could not be tested because of technical reasons. From there, the press conference took a turn for the worse. Not only did not reputable scientists show up, but outside the hotel, Palo Alto Paul Gregg waved a sign encouraging motorists to honk for Bigfoot. He was joined by a man in a Chewbacca costume holding a sign reading "we hide for a reason."

This doesn't come as much of a surprise, but I had hoped that with some physical evidence, they were at least going to be a little more serious. Since they wont seem to open it up to scientific scrutiny, however, it seems highly dubious, and if the press conference is any indication, the situation has quickly turned into a joke. I had really hoped for a more elaborate hoax, so I'm more than a little disappointed. I guess I'll have to focus my attention on the recent chupacabra sightings down in Texas (not to be confused with el chupanibre). I wonder if those would make good pets.

No comments: