Sunday, August 03, 2008

Natural Disaster

After the California earthquake last week, I got to thinking that according to seismologists, we're overdue for a huge quake here in Western Washington. They say that according to the geological record, every 300-500 years we have an enormous quake and it's been about 500 years since the last one. Then I got to thinking that the same thing goes for volcanic eruptions, tidal waves, tornadoes, snow storms, forest fires, etc. I am going on record right now and predicting that any day now, some major cataclysm will strike and set off an unprecedented chain reaction of every type of catastrophe known to man, and even a few unknown to man.

This will be so severe that everything West of the Cascades will just break off and float out into the Pacific Ocean. Only one hearty soul will be able to survive all of this, and that will be me. I will proclaim myself king of my new island kingdom. My first duties as king will be to procure cable tv and high speed internet access. I will then set forth to increase the population by making arrangements to import some beautiful women. The immigration restrictions are pretty strict and only the cream of the crop will be accepted.

And this is exactly why I shouldn't post at night. I don't have a great deal of focus normally, but once it starts getting late and I start winding down, keeping my mind focused on anything is nearly impossible. It wanders where it pleases. But I give you my solemn oath that this will be absolutely the last time I allow myself to do something like this. Tonight. All bets are off tomorrow.

No comments: