Monday, June 30, 2008

Aquaman

With the proliferation of superhero movies being made these days, they are really scraping the bottom of the comic book barrel. Granted, some of the comic book characters that I've never heard of have actually ended up in watchable movies - I was surprised to find that I enjoyed both Constantine and Hellboy - but with Aquaman, they are really going too far. Is there any way in the world it won't be a complete disaster? I'm really getting the campy Batman tv show vibe. Aquaman is one of the lamest superheros ever, how can they possibly make a movie about him that isn't a complete bomb. It might even be a worse move than making a Wonder Twins movie. Anyway it reminded me of the Dave Chappelle bit I saw years ago on Dr. Katz.



And speaking of Dr. Katz, if it wasn't $80, I'd order the complete series on DVD. 1782 minutes of hilarity, not to mention the worst animation in television history.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think that's good? I just found out that they're making a Smurfs movie. Aw yeah, can't wait for that...

http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/movies/TheSmurfsMovie2008-TheSmurfsMovieTrailer-JohnLithgow.php

Unknown said...

The Smurfs?!? You've got to be kidding me. I didn't know they were making movies out of Saturday morning cartoons now, what's next, the gummy bears? Starring, I don't know, who looks most like a gummy bear, Tom Arnold?