Saturday, June 28, 2008

Oscar Gamble

Watching the Mariner game last night, the camera focused on a fan with a giant afro and naturally that got me thinking about Oscar Gamble. That man had unquestionably the biggest hair in major league history if not in the history of sports in general. Behold the giantness of it and tremble in fear.
But the fun doesn't end there. While 'researching' (looking for pictures of) Oscar Gamble I stumbled upon an enjoyable feature titled Baseball's all-time all-hair team. The highlight being this little gem: In 1977, Oscar Gamble's hat size was 10 3/4. That's pretty large.


I've grown my hair pretty long in my day, but it never approached the sheer magnitude of Oscar's. While long, mine never achieved 'big' status. It's a shame really. It would have taken a great deal of product for me to embiggen my hair, and unfortunately I was always too lazy for that. Anyway, I don't want to leave you with just one picture, so please enjoy this second one free of charge.

No comments: