Friday, June 06, 2008

National Donut Day!

Happy National Donut Day! Be sure to stop by your favorite donut shop and eat something unhealthy. I already stopped by Li's Donuts this morning, home of the tastiest donuts I've ever eaten. Far too conveniently located at 45th and Roosevelt, I am giving them free publicity on account of national donut day. If you're ever in the area, stop in and grab a donut, it's worth it. But the one disappointing thing about Li's is that they roast their own coffee there. I was so excited when I noticed the roaster in the shop - what could be better than a delicious donut and fresh roasted coffee? Well I ordered a cup of coffee and nearly wept when I found out that they just brew it in a diner style glass coffee pot that they leave sitting on a heater to keep it warm. I don't know how long it had been sitting there, but it was stale. Why would they go to the trouble of roasting their own beans and then just ruin the coffee by letting it sit there getting stale and gross? Why wouldn't they invest in a thermos? It still breaks my heart to think about. So go get a donut, but avoid the coffee.

No comments: