Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Just Realized

....that I haven't said anything in a while. I guess it's about time I did something about that. I have just been extremely short on sleep and as a result had almost no attention span. Anything I had on my mind quickly left before I could type it up. That combined with some of the worst pain and swelling I've had in weeks have left me really unmotivated. I know it's getting to be a pretty worn out refrain from me lately, but I can't begin to express how badly I want this fixator off. I've broken bones before, but I've never had any injury that has been this unpleasant and painful for this long. It's been 5 weeks since the surgery and almost 6 since I broke the finger and I'm still experiencing daily pain and about half the mobility. Had I known this 6 weeks ago, I would have thought long and hard about going the Ronnie Lott route and just cutting it off.

A few people keep trying to convince me to watch The Office. I liked the BBC version, but the US version I have just been unable to get into. Granted I've only seen 3 or 4 episodes, but it just isn't as funny as the original. And it doesn't help that I don't care for Steve Carell. I don't think I've ever seen him in anything good. Sure he's been in ok movies, but nothing I'd call good. But I digress, people have told me things that have happened in The Office that are funny, but I haven't seen them. None of the episodes I've seen have been more than mildly amusing. And certainly nothing as funny as the free love freeway episode of the BBC version. You should probably google that.

No comments: