Thursday, June 12, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake



The weather was reasonably nice today - we got 4 hours of nearly summer like temperatures - and that means it's time for a summery treat, strawberry shortcake. When strawberries are in season, it's hard not to pick some up every time I go to the store. And in a roundabout way, this brings me to a long standing conundrum for me: why is it that the red fruits are the tastiest? In addition to the afore mentioned strawberries, cherries, raspberries, watermelon, and red delicious apples are the tastiest fruits of them all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never liked red delicious apples that well. I always thought that yellow transparent were way better. Most pies use green granny smith applies.

There's blueberries, those are really good, and of course I know you love blackberries. Hey none of those are red. :) Well I guess the not yet ripe blackberries are but they don't taste so good.

But you are right, red cherries and strawberries, and watermellon do taste awlfully good. For some reason I'm not hungry.......

Unknown said...

I'm not that fond of blueberries, and not liking red delicious apples has now gotten you banned from this site for one week.