Sunday, June 22, 2008

R.I.P. George Carlin

George Carlin died of heart failure at the age of 71 today - June 22nd. I know his style of humor wasn't for everyone - he could be offensive and abrasive - but he was a thinking man's comic with an unusual view on life. I'll miss his insights, even the ones I didn't see eye to eye with him on. For all the drugs he did and all the hard living on the road, he lived to a long life and his death really can't be considered untimely. He should be celebrated instead of mourned and I hope he found some happiness in his life before his death, he was an angry, bitter man.

I did a little searching and found this video that isn't too long. There are a few f bombs, so if you're at work, beware. And the volume is really low so you'll have to crank it to hear him. It's good stuff though. As a matter of fact it's all about stuff.

No comments: