Saturday, June 16, 2007

Oil Change

Today I stopped in to the local Firestone to get my long overdue oil change. What I assumed would just be about a half hour of waiting was interrupted by some unexpected entertainment. About 20 minutes into the wait, somebody came out and brought me an estimate for all the work they thought needed to be done on my car. Apparently they feel I need my tires rotated and balanced, along with a front end alignment. Luckily for me, they were willing to do all this work for the low low price of just $315. I don't know why, but I found it very amusing that I went in for a simple oil change and they thought they were going to squeeze $315 out of me. I don't know who falls for this stuff, but somebody must or they would have given up by now. I am proud to say, however, that I was polite enough to not laugh in his face. I simply said I didn't have time today but I would think about it. What fun.

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Well I'm happy to hear that it's not just me that they try to sucker money out of. I was beginning to think it was just a "woman thing". I swear sometimes they just think we have gullible written on our foreheads!

Anonymous said...

You would have done us all a favor by laughing in the guys face...

It would stop that type of behavior or at least embarass the mechanics so they'd stop trying to offer people stuff the don't need.

Pat