Sunday, June 03, 2007

Beware The Imposter

An odd thing happened to me while I was waiting for the bus on Friday. As I was standing there, a woman I didn't know who had been driving by pulled into the park and ride, parked near the stop, got out of her car, walked up and tapped me on the shoulder, and it was at this point she was surprised to find out I wasn't her son. She told me I looked exactly like her son. Apparently enough so that she couldn't tell I wasn't until she got up close. Unfortunately I couldn't think of anything clever to say like 'he must be a good looking man' or 'well you don't look anything like my mom'. So beware, I have an evil twin somewhere in the area. Or maybe I'm the evil twin. I haven't quite worked out which it is just yet. I just find it odd that not only is there someone out there who looks so much like me that I could fool his own mother, or that this guy has chosen the same hair style and facial hair style, but that he also lives so close by.

No comments: