Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ghost Rider

I know I promised a full blown Ghost Rider review, but I just don't think I'm ever going to get around to it, so here's the half-assed version.


I'll start out with the positives. The drop dead gorgeous Eva Mendes was in it, showing off her cleavage throughout the film. The only way I could like her any more is if she agreed to change her name to Eva Crawford. Please take the time to enjoy this picture of her:

And now I'll try my best to focus on the film. The bike was damn cool. The Ghost Rider character looks pretty cool in still pictures.
That's it for the positives. The story made little sense, what there was of it. There was no character development for any characters other than Johnny Blaze, which is a really dumb name by the way. The villains in the movie were not at all scary or threatening. Particularly the main villain - the son of the devil - who came across like a pale, whiny yuppie. The special effects weren't all that special. And finally, I really got tired of Nick Cage mugging for the camera in every scene.
So there you have it. Or part of it at least. It is every bit as bad as you can possibly imagine. But, if you're like me and have a huge crush on Eva Mendes, it may be worth the torture.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

For some reason I did in fact find Ghost Rider entertaining. I do agree that the bad guys were not creepy at all and it bugged me that it wasn't Nicholas Cage's voice when he changed into Ghost Rider. I love Sam Elliott's role though, he has the best voice. If you'd like to see creepy check out this show called Supernatural on CW11 on Sunday nights at 9:00pm it's pretty good.

Unknown said...

Oh, Lyndsay, what am I going to do with you? You defend every movie I can't stand. At least I can hope you didn't like Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, which I'm a little embarrassed to say I watched recently. Now that was really bad.

Lyndsay said...

I actually haven't seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We went through a period where all we watched was horror movies and now I'm kind of over it. I just don't like being freaked out right now. I think the last horror movie I saw was Saw II and I didn't think that was anything special.

Unknown said...

I saw the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and didn't like it. I saw the remake and thought it was ok. But The Beginning was just terrible. I enjoy a good horror movie, but the blood and guts movies don't really interest me. I prefer more of a psychological thriller. Red Dragon I would say is my favorite horror movie of all time.

As for the Saw movies. I liked the first one, was disappointed in the second, and the third was even worse.