Sunday, May 27, 2007

You See What Happens Larry?

You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?

Well, The Big Lebowski is on tv today, and this is the edit I heard. This has to go on my list of worst tv edits of all time, along with:
"Cassius Clay was a bad mamma jamma" in Coming To America
and
"Yippie kai aye, Mr. Falcon" in Die Hard 2.

Is it really that hard to edit some language out in a way that makes at least some sense? And in case you haven't seen The Big Lebowski before, in the unedited version, John Goodman doesn't say Find or Alps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never saw The Big Labowski, but I do know that in Die Hard it's "Yippie kay aye...."

And that was the worst dubbing I ever heard. The voice didn't even come close to matching.

-Wayne

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I guess I was thinking about the Terminator when I was writing that.