Saturday, May 19, 2007

Heroes - Tivo

Once again I find myself sucked in by the Heroes marathon, but there are so many episodes that I haven't seen that I feel like I should get a tivo so I can watch them all at my own leisure. I don't want something that I have to pay another monthly fee for though, so does anyone out there know if dvr's lose all their functionality without the monthly service? I've searched the internet a little and can't really figure out what exactly you get with the subscription service. The Tivo web site is absolutely worthless, but makes it sound as though your tivo won't work at all without a subscription.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure you can't tape anything without the monthly service. The taping process involves you finding the program on the guide and setting taping options, so without programing updates from Tivo, you're stuck. However, if you decided to just pay for service during the season and drop it in the off season, the DVR still retains the taped progs.

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about getting the DVR from Comcast? If memory serves, you're currently subscribed to the digital cable service so all it would be is another $5 a month.(?)

Unknown said...

Do I have to pay the monthly fee to Tivo on top of what I pay to Comcast? And it looks like Comcast wants $12 a month, so why would Tivo want more, unless they are just jerks.

Anonymous said...

Tivo used to cost $13 a month I think. Yes, I think they're jerks so if you want to pony up the dough for Comcast...