Thursday, May 31, 2007

Today's Game

Ok here's how this works. You get to choose one musical act (and I use that term generously) that you can kill off. You don't get to go back in time and kill them before they recorded anything and completely wipe them out of musical history, you have to kill them now. That will insure that they will never release any more music, but it doesn't have to be a current act. You can choose someone who hasn't recorded in years purely out of spite. And just to add one more twist to make this interesting, any group that was organized enough to come up with a name is fair game. So if you want a lot of bang for your buck, you can choose to kill off USA For Africa and take out a whole bunch of people at once. And whoever you choose will include all current AND former members. So let the games begin.

My intitial thought is to pick some country band since I hate country, but there are just too many to narrow it down, and I don't know who sings what anyway, or many of the band names for that matter. Fred Durst comes to mind as someone I'd like to see die, so Limp Bizkit is pretty high on the list. Ditto Marilyn Manson. Michael Jackson has got to go, but if I picked the Jackson Five I could do some collateral damage. I think I'm going to have to settle on Eminem though. I really hate that guy.

2 comments:

Devon said...

I stand by my original answer of "USA for Africa" as the group I'd kill off. Just try and get more bang for your buck than that! I do like Dylan and Ray Charles but I consider them to be unfortunate collateral damage. What's that saying about omelettes and eggs?

I haven't yet decided how it should be done, but I'm sure it would involve duct tape, cattle prods, and pruning shears.

Shawn said...

Let's get right down to the roots of rap / hip hop. In doing so I admittedly have to kill off not only a singer I kind of like, but is a hot piece of ass. My answer is Blondie. My original answer was "Dick Cheney's cardiologist" or "Abraham Lincoln"...but those two have nothing to do with music and you said I can't go back in time. There will never be justice for me.
Shelvis