Sunday, May 27, 2007

Baseball Names

For a couple years now, my favorite baseball names have been Coco Crisp and Milton Bradley. This year I'm glad to add Felix Pie of the Cubs to the list. He's going to have to step it up if he wants to stay in the bigs though.

In addition, the Tacoma Rainiers have a couple of guys with pretty good names. Gookie Dawkins and Ronnie Prettyman. Unfortunately, Prettyman doesn't have a picture, but I'd be willing to bet he's pretty ugly. Let's hope those guys make it up to the majors before too long.

One guy who's name isn't that interesting, but is playing some great baseball is Wladimir Balentien. He's currently hitting .337 with 11 HR, 39 RBI, and 10 stolen bases down in Tacoma. If he can keep this up, the Mariners are going to need to find a spot for him on the roster. I still think that Ichiro will get traded by the All Star break and Adam Jones will be called up. Maybe we'll need to trade Jose Guillen or Raul Ibanez too to make room for Wladimir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd never heard of Prettyman before. That's funny. I always thought Wladimir was a pretty interesting name. I don't see that name starting with a W very often.

-Wayne