Sunday, March 11, 2007

Worst of the Worst

I came across this countdown of the 100 worst reviewed movies of all time this weekend. As with any top anything list, nobody will agree on anything, but it's still fun to look at. I haven't looked at the whole thing yet, but will proudly say that I have seen the #1 worst movie of all time. Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever. Yes that is an extremely dumb name, and despite the fact that I remember almost nothing of the movie except that it starred Antonio Bandaras and Lucy Liu (which already bumps it up a notch in my book), I can safely say that I have seen many worse movies in my time (including The Cooler which I just saw a few days ago).

What's the worst movie I've ever seen? Off the top of my head, I know there was one particularly horrible movie that I absolutely hated but can't think of the name of it right now. I do remember Plan 9 From Outer Space being pretty bad. Anything with Ben Affleck is excruciating, but Armageddon in particular I hated. Dark Man was pretty aweful. Ah yes, I remember now, Timecode, despite pretty good reviews, was the most excruciating movie to watch ever. It just doesn't get any worse than that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Space Odyssey 2001? I still can't keep awake while watching it. Classic example of how special effects can get in the way of the plot, story, acting.... Hey look we spent $5M on this special effect let's look at it for 10 minutes.....

I especially dislike 2001 since the book was fairly interesting. Screwing up a decent story takes some work....

OTT Fu

Anonymous said...

I'd say the worst movie that I ever saw would have to be Spice World...yes I'm afraid so!

Unknown said...

Wow. I had to read that twice to make sure I read it correctly. I'm really impressed that you will (semi)publicly admit to watching Spice World. That's got to be worth some kind of prize.

I think prizes will also be awarded to anyone who will admit to seeing Freddy Got Fingered, Gigli, or Battlefield Earth.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say I did in fact watch Gigli!

Unknown said...

Name your prize Lyndsay

Anonymous said...

Well Troy's going to get me a donut the next time I come into the office so I'll take a Subway sandwich from you! ;)