Thursday, March 22, 2007

Various Nonsense

Well, I haven't had much to say lately. For some reason, I've been exceptionally tired lately. I haven't been sleeping enough and I just feel like I don't have much free time. It didn't help that I had to go work for the Mariners after a full day at the regular job. It was extremely difficult to stay awake through it. But I did get to hear a videotaped message for team president Chuck Armstrong telling me that he expects the Mariners to win the division this year. I however do not share that optimism. If they finish the season above .500 that'll be good enough for me. I'm not sure that isn't an unrealistic goal though.

I'm flipping around on the tv right now and just came across Fools Rush In on TBS. It's not quality cinema by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have to say that Salma Hayek is one gorgeous woman. I will fight anyone who says differently.

I was checking out youtube tonight for some Manowar videos. I was told that they are unquestionably the most rediculous heavy metal band on earth, and now I'd have to say that's true. If you were ever hoping to hear a song with a motorcycle engine solo and lyrics like:
Time To Burn You Losers Better Learn
No One Controls Our Goddamn Life
We'll Do Just What We Feel Riding Horses Made Of Steel
We're Here To Burn Up The Night
then you're going to want to check out this video.

Norton Systemworks sucks. For several years now I've relied on Norton to keep my computer virus and error free, but every year it uses up more system resources and slows everything down a little more. This year's version is completely intolerable. Not only do start up and shut down take forever now, but every so often, it randomly starts checking something and damn near chokes my system to death. I can hardly do anything until it finishes. If somebody has tried MS's version or knows of some better alternative, I'm all ears. I've had enough of Norton.

4 comments:

Devon said...

quote of the century.

"We just live the part of Metal, you know. We are here to rock, drink and fuck. And that's it. The power is in the music." -Joey DeMaio

Preach it brother.

Anonymous said...

We protect our computer with McAfee and have had no problems. Our computers pretty fast too!

I love that movie Fools Rush In. Salma is a beautiful lady!

Anonymous said...

The latest version of McAfee has really crippled my boot up time by being a resource pig and behaving like an overprotective Cub Scout mom by constantly scanning for viruses, spyware, etc. While I appreciate McAfee's concern for my PC, it would be nice if it would back off a little so it didn't take close to 5 minutes to boot up.

Shawn said...

I went through the most obsessed and vicious ManOWar phase a while ago. I'm just now getting my hearing back and heart palpitations under control.
As far as Ms. Hayek is concerned, I agree. If you have not seen her in "from dusk til dawn", RUN (don't walk!) to the video store and get to work.
Shelvis