Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's Here!

After much waiting, I finally got my copy of Alpha. After giving a quick once through, my first impression is that this is not their best album to date, but there are some solid songs on there. Of course I had already heard Deathstar and Driven and liked them both, and I would like to add Beg To Differ, Confessions of Hatred, and Aggression as the real strong songs. Just the right mix of melody, harmony, and music so heavy it makes small children and wusses run in fear. On the down side, a few of the tracks seem a little too slow and emotionless to me. Some piano even makes an appearance on Burn. That was quite surprising. I'll have to do a follow up later when I've listened to it more, but for now I'd say it's pretty good.

And it was only $10 at Best Buy. That was a nice surprise, and to top it all off, they suckered me into grabbing the latest CD from Saliva as well for only $10. I haven't listened to that one yet, but there's no way it can be as good.

No comments: