Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's Like Eating A Delicious Shoe!

Yes this is something I found myself saying out loud today. Lately a fair amount of unusual phrases have been coming out of my mouth. I attribute it to a lack of sleep. Anyway, on to the explanation.

This afternoon, to get away from the mind numbing boredom that was crushing my spirit, I took a stroll down to Trader Joe's with a couple of co-workers. While there, I was persuaded to get some dehydrated mangoes. That sounded tasty so I grabbed them.

I popped one in my mouth on the way back to the office and was immediately met with "so what do you think?" The first one I grabbed happened to be particularly tough and I was gnawing on it like a dog with a piece of rawhide, so I said the first thing that came into my mind and to the best of my recollection, the conversation went like this, "it's like eating a shoe."
"But a delicious shoe?"
"Yes, it's like eating a delicious shoe."

And so it turns out that once you get past the fact that some of them are a bit in the chewy side, they are actually quite tasty. Before it was time to go home, I found myself staring at an empty bag. I think that slogan should actually be written on the bag somewhere. Think how many more they would sell. So they get the coveted Scott seal of approval. Do yourself a favor and go get a bag of those dehydrated mangoes, because they are in fact like eating a delicious shoe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to try the dried pineapples. They are like eating candy, which in my book is better than a shoe...even a delicious one!