Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Stories From The Past

I was reminded of this story earlier today and thought I'd share since it's fairly entertaining. This story took place about 10 years ago in Seatac. I was there picking up my room-mate from the airport. Now I was on my way there, driving down 99 when I looked over and saw someone walking down the sidewalk. This person was wearing a very short leather skirt, fishnet stockings, and tall high heels. Since I had grown up in the suburbs and was not exposed to the seedier side of life, I thought to myself,"hey, this is my first hooker sighting." As I drove past, I looked over and quickly realized that the hooker had an enormous adams apple. So, it turned out that my first hooker sighting was actually my first transvestite sighting. I know what you're thinking, and that is, this next sentence is going to begin "$20 later....." Sorry to disappoint, but this is not that kind of story. To this day I don't know the going rate for a dude in a mini skirt I'm proud to say. Anyway, as a young impressionable man, that experience burned itself into my memory. Come to think of it, all these years later I'm still not sure if I've had a legitimate hooker sighting. I guess I need to start spending more time in the bad parts of town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My house is not far off of HWY 99 down near Federal Way and I'm telling you used to see quite a few hookers when driving home at night. Thankfully HWY 99 has undergone a major renovation that includes widening and more lights so I haven't had a hookers sighting in a while. Not sure where they all went?

Anonymous said...

Street walking is so 90s. Now, they send you emails and try to become your friends on My Space.