Sunday, March 11, 2007

Heroes

I watch less and less tv all the time, and only part of it is that the quality is steadily diminishing. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone wants to watch the glorified karaoke bar that is American Idol. But I digress. The other reason is that serial shows seem to be all the rage now. Started by 24, there are too many shows that if you miss an episode or 2, you're lost. Since I don't want to plan my life around being home to watch a particular show, and since I don't have a DVR, this is a problem for me. I have been able to keep up with Lost since the good people over at ABC have made the episodes available with limited commercial interruption online. And now I've discovered that you can also watch Heroes online. I caught 3 or 4 episodes during a marathon a while back and despite the fact that I didn't know most of what was going on, it interested me. I watched the first 2 episodes online this weekend and with a little of the back story am now beginning to get hooked. What in the world did people do before the internet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So why don't you get a DVR Scotty? They're not that expensive. Plus you don't ever have to worry about actually remember when a show starts.

And if you're lucky you get a girlfriend who has one and you don't even have to get one....

OTT Fu - Way more dangerous than Craw Fu. So much so we can't tell you what OTT stands for....

Anonymous said...

Michael and I always wait for shows to come out on DVD and then catch up on them. I absolutely love not having to sit through all those commercials.

Unknown said...

I guess I'm going to have to wait for the girlfriend option on the DVR since I'm a cheapskate.

And I have waited for DVD on a couple of series. That's how I saw seasons 1 and 2 of Lost and 24. Unfortunately I've become interested in the current seasons of Lost and Heroes now and don't want to wait 6 months for the DVD.

Oh, and if you haven't rented the DVD's of Deadwood, The Sopranos (except season 6 kind of sucked), and Rome, I highly recommend them. Oh, and The Office (BBC version, not the US version) and Extras I recommend as well.