Thursday, March 01, 2007

NFL Free Agency

NFL free agency kicks off early on Friday, and already some interesting moves have been made. The Broncos traded Tatum Bell for Dre' Bly, giving them one of the best defensive backfields in the league. I also suspect that this means that are going to find some way of drafting either Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch. The other surprising move was the Steelers cutting Joey Porter. I'm also a little surprised, although less so, that the Saints cut Joe Horn.

It looks like there are a lot of good players out there this year, and since the Seahawks are light on draft picks, I expect them to pick up a player or 2. I suppose it's all a fanciful dream to imagine that the could get Nate Clements, but a top CB would be nice.

Next on the shopping list would be a quality guard. Maybe Eric Steinbach from the Bengals or Kris Dielman from the Chargers.

I also like the idea grabbing Jamaal Lewis cheap and letting him split time with Alexander. Send him in for the short yardage situations.

I would also like to get a big fat run stuffing DT, but don't see anyone in free agency who interests me too much.

One last note, I have added a link to what I consider to be the best draft website on the net. NFL Draft Countdown. The guy who writes it really knows what he's talking about.

No comments: