Monday, December 18, 2006

So cold

It is now Monday and I'm still without power. It was 48º in my bedroom when I woke up this morning. I have about 20 pounds of blankets (every blanket I own) on my bed right now and it's still hard to stay warm. I can hardly move under the weight of all the blankets. It's like being pinned down by a sumo wrestler. Or a love starved Britney Spears. Whichever analogy you prefer. As if that weren't enough, somewhere in my building a loud beeping started at about 4:30 this morning. I did some investigating and when I found out that the building wasn't on fire, tried to ignore it and go back to sleep. Unfortunately I couldn't and just got up and went in to work early. Now the lack of sleep is really starting to catch up with me. If the power isn't back on soon, I may just snap and go on a killing spree. If you see something on the news about a lunatic streaking through Redmond brandishing a chainsaw, you'll know what happened. I don't know how much more I can take.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

STILL no power?! That is rigoddamneddiculous! Dude, feel free to crash at my place if you need to. I have a hideabed right next to the gas fireplace. Seriously. That's crazy.