Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas music

By now I'm sure most of you know that I despise most Christmas music. Years of working retail and hearing the same terrible songs ad infinitum have left me bitter. As a matter of fact, being subjected to Christmas music all day today left me filled with, uh, the 'Christmas spirit'. The third time that Feliz Navidad came on the radio, I was ready to break something. That song in particular has to be one of the worst songs ever written. That being said, there are a few exceptions. Guitarist Gary Hoey has put out a few Christmas albums that I really like. Do yourself a favor and check out Ho Ho Hoey (or Ho Ho Hoey 2 or 3). You can listed to a few tracks on his myspace page. Next on the list is Merry Axemas, an instrumental CD featuring the likes of Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, Jeff Beck, and others. Jeff Beck steals the show on that one with his rendition of Amazing Grace. Finally, we come to the only other Christmas song I can think of that I like. I'm not sure really why I like it, but the Bryan Adams song Christmas Time is very catchy and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Let me just state for the record that I don't have the man crush on Bryan Adams that Shawn's cousin does. Now that I've gotten that disclaimer out of the way, enjoy:


No comments: