Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ken Levine

I know this is old news to some of you, but I have been campaigning to bring back Ken Levine as a Mariner announcer for a while now. This campaign was launched when I learned that Ron Fairly wouldn't be back next season. Some of you may not remember Ken. He was a Mariner announcer back in the early 90's who was quite funny (and even more entertaining now I'm told). My favorite Ken Levine memory? Someone had hit a foul ball and the ball girl missed it. Ken then said,"an error on the ball girl." Then the camera zoomed in to reveal that it was a very cute ball girl which prompted the reaction,"whoa, but she can be forgiven."

So I know what you're thinking now,"Scott, what exactly have you done to try to bring him back other than tell your friends that we should?" Well, I did talk to the head of human resources for the M's and told her that I always liked Ken Levine and would like to have him back. She told me that Randy Adamack was in charge of hiring the replacement announcer but that she would pass along my recommendation. So there you have it. Everyone needs to start writing to Randy and telling him we want Ken back.

No comments: