Monday, December 18, 2006

Embarrasing moments in Scott history

It's about time I told this story to those that haven't heard it. Imagine if you will that I am a temp and haven't been with the company very long. I brought in some headphones and a cd to listen to. What I don't realize at the time is that I've managed to plug my headphones into the wrong jack. The volume is low and so I keep turning it up. It still isn't getting very loud and it sounds kind of muffled. I get the volume up as loud as it will go, but it still sounds funny. Something is wrong, but I can't quite figure out what until the nice person in the cube next to me reaches over and taps me on the shoulder. I take the headphones off and that's when I realize that the music is coming through the computer speakers and not the headphones, and that the computer speakers are capable of producing a surprising amount of volume. Luckily for me I happened to select a profanity laden song for my listening pleasure. I still have a job though, so the story does have a happy ending. Here is the song for your listening pleasure, and if you are listening at work, I highly recommend the use of headphones:

No comments: