Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mildly Interesting Story

Barely able to drag myself out of bed this morning, I was late getting out the door. This in turn forced me to drive down to the park & ride since the bus that passes within walking distance was long gone. As a result I was forced to pay attention to my surroundings rather than read a magazine. Now that the complete picture is painted for you, I can move on to the interesting part of the story. While driving, I saw a young man walking down the sidewalk swaying from side to side quite a bit while he walked. I don't know if that was his "cool" walk or if he simply never learned to walk like a normal human, but as soon as I saw him I thought, "that guy walks like an ape." I'm sure you've all seen nature programs with apes walking upright and can visualize the whole scenario so that I don't have to track down a video of a strolling monkey. Anyway, as I got closer I noticed he had something in his hand. I didn't think anything of it, but just as I was passing him I glanced over again and saw that the item in his hand was a banana! This caused me to immediately erupt with laughter and still makes me chuckle thinking back on it.

As luck would have it, this was simply a precursor to the most banana filled news day possibly in history. During my lunchtime browsing, I first came across a story about a woman in Wisconsin who is wanted for dressing in a gorilla costume and stealing a giant styrofoam banana from a gas station. Unfortunately the perpetrator has since moved to Montana and the extradition costs preclude the hope of any justice for the gas station owners. As an added bonus, video is included!



As if that weren't enough, I then found an article about researchers who have discovered glowing bananas! Now you will never go hungry in the dark again.

But the hits just kept coming. Literally. It seems that an Australian man was unfortunate enough to be killed when his car collided with a banana truck. Not a very a-peal-ing prospect. I apologize for the laffy taffy caliber joke, it was the best I could come up with.

But wait, there's more! Banana day wrapped up, for now at least, with troubling news for banana farmers in India. It seems that the nations youth are stealing bananas to charge their cell phones. No, they haven't found some ingenious way of charging electronics with fruit (although I once saw a guy on youtube charge his ipod with a potato), they are selling the hot bananas for vouchers good for phone charging. Why bananas? I have no idea. It seems like there are plenty of things they could steal but for some reason they prefer bananas.

Stay tuned for the latest breaking news concerning bananas.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I was totally LOL about the ape guy walking down the street with the banana.

Nativity Camel said...

Are we sure the car crash wasn't caused by stray banana peels? Just a little Mariokart humor for ya.

said...

This was great, thanks for sharing.