Friday, September 18, 2009

Breakfast Foods

Why is it that if you're going to eat a food for breakfast that normally is eaten at during a different meal it must be noted as such? Why can't I just call a breakfast burrito a burrito? It doesn't work the other way around. If I want to have a waffle for lunch, like I will be able to soon when the waffle shop down the street opens up, I don't have to call it a lunch waffle. If I get a craving for an omelette at 7 pm, I don't have to order a dinner omelette. I don't understand why breakfast has this inferiority complex.

And why can't I eat whatever I want for breakfast? Why isn't there a breakfast pizza, a breakfast gyro, or even a breakfast burger? Why must such gastronomical delights be confined to a rigid time table? It's not right. I shouldn't have to wait until 10:30 to get some BBQ pork. Did we lose a war? That's not America! That's not even Mexico. The time has come for change. One of the cornerstones of the Craw Fu administration will be that you will be able to eat anything you want at any time of the day. It will be the 28th amendment to the constitution and it will end meal discrimination.

No comments: