Monday, September 21, 2009

The Dentist

Saturday morning I got to visit my dentist - outside of the normally scheduled visits. For you see, it was last week that I was eating some delicious phad thai when I felt a crunch and then spit out something that looked like some kind of resin or epoxy. I didn't think much of it at the time, simply that something hard had gotten into my noodles, but I soon began to experience sensitivity to hot and cold. Now eating or drinking anything that isn't room temperature, or I guess mouth temperature is more accurate, causes it to ache. So Saturday I had a quick appointment to check it out and it turns out I managed to break the filling out of my tooth. How I did that eating noodles I'll never know, but then again several years ago I chipped a tooth eating ice cream so stranger things have happened. I blame that one on thermal shock, but the noodle thing I have no scientific explanation for. I guess I just have to stay away from soft foods.

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

Sounds like your diet needs to consist of hard apples, a good chewy steak and jaw breakers!