Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Wonderful World of MMA

For those of you who didn't think that Mixed Martial Arts was homoerotic enough, I ask you to reconsider. If the sight of 2 sweaty, mostly naked men rolling on the ground with their arms wrapped around each other wasn't enough to convince you who the target audience is, I think the new sponsor might change your mind. Yes, the fighters are now sporting condom ads on their asses.

I don't have much interest in watching fights anyway. Sure they are very talented and highly trained tacticians, but seeing guys beat each other up just seems a little barbaric to me. As if that wasn't enough, the increasing influence of wrestling and ju jitsu make for some incredibly boring fights. Grappling is just not a spectator sport, and as much of a turn on cauliflower ears might be for some, it kind of creeps me out a little. The condom ass ads really don't help build any interest for me. I have a hard time believing that they couldn't find a better place. The front of the shorts comes to mind. Perhaps there's a reason I don't have a job in marketing....

No comments: