Sunday, November 16, 2008

Journey To The Center Of The Earth 3D

After renting and watching Journey to the Center of the Earth in regular old 2D, I saw the 3D version at Costco and decided that it was good enough to pick up and watch it again. I've seen 3D movies before, and the old ones weren't all that good, but the 3D in the Imax version of Superman was pretty good, even if the movie wasn't. Anyhow, instead of using polarized lenses like the Imax, Journey uses the traditional red and blue colored glasses. And maybe it's because I'm partially color blind, but the 3D really doesn't work very well. Particularly when objects got close to the camera, they blurred pretty badly our just out and out looked like 2 separate images. In addition to that, the color was off, I think because of the glasses. So all in all it was a little disappointing. Not bad enough that I'm experiencing buyers remorse, but I think I'm going to stay away from the colored glasses.

No comments: