Tuesday, November 04, 2008

R.I.P. Tuba Man

I just found out about this today and it just makes me sick. Edward McMichael, more commonly known as the tuba man was beaten to death by some teenage punks while waiting for a bus. It's hard to believe that something like this happened around here. It seems like something that might happen in New York, Los Angeles, or Detroit, but here?

Tuba Man has been playing outside of sports events for as long as I can remember. I remember seeing him outside the Kingdome as a young kid. He was as much a part of the sports landscape as any fan could be. I never talked to him, but he always seemed like a very friendly and kind man. That just makes this tragedy harder to stomach. I hope that his assailants are caught and quickly brought to justice. And my condolences go out to his family and friends. Rest in peace tuba man.

No comments: