Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Letters To The Editor

Last week, the editorial staff here at Craw Fu Inc received an email from concerned reader, The Chuckman.  Due to incompetence here at Craw Fu, the aforementioned email was deleted, however as luck would have it I still recall the basic point that was being made.  To the best of my recollection, The Chuckman - not known for his eloquence or verbosity - said, "why is some peoples still sayin' 'the machine' 'bouts answering machines?  Aint everybodys on voicemail now?" 

You make an excellent point Mr The Chuckman.  The answering machine is an antiquated relic that I believe is only still used by octogenarians and people who fear technology.  That pretty much leaves your grandma and Ted Kaczynski as the only people who should still be referring to 'the machine'.  As I see it, this presents us with two problems: 
1.  To what more deserving technology should the term 'the machine' now be applied, and
2.  What should be said instead of 'leave a message on the machine'?

To the first problem, based on my knowledge of science fiction films, I know that eventually 'the machine' will refer to the Terminator, and the things from the Matrix, and so on, however in the interim something else is needed.  I personally volunteer to take on the nickname 'the machine' for the good of society for the time being.  Feel free to begin using that immediately.  At which time a more impressive and worthy technology arises, I will freely relinquish that title.

The easy answer to the second problem is that people should just say, "leave me a voicemail."  And since many people already do and I don't have a better or even a more amusing suggesion, I'll leave it at that. 

If you have a question or comment that requires my special analysis or attention, feel free to contact me.  And if you don't want your name published on the internet, provide a suitable alias or one may be provided for you.

1 comment:

The Chuckman said...

Dear The Machine,

I'm really looking forward to leading the charge as humanity rises up to overthrow your inevitable tyranny. :D