Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Downtown Is Fun

Ok, so a lot of weird stuff can happen in just a couple short blocks. Yesterday I discovered there’s a Right Aid 2 blocks away on 3rd & Cherry, so today I decided to stop in there to see if they have any different stuff than the Bartell’s across the street which I typically frequent. Well, it was significantly more ghetto, and there was one super drunk guy in front of me in line. I don’t know what kind of person is completely hammered at 1:30 in the afternoon, but he was actually dressed reasonably nicely (wearing a sport jacket), but he couldn’t even stand still, he was wobbling all over the place. Then he got up to the register and said something unintelligible. The cashier asked him to repeat himself and he slowed down and managed to get out, “where’s my bag?” The cashier pointed at his hand and said, “it’s in your hand.” Then he looked down, looking confused and said something else I couldn’t understand. Apparently the cashier understood him because she said, “that’s the only bag you had when you came in here.” He continued to look confused and then walked out of the store without saying anything else.


As if that weren’t enough, on the way back to the office there was a guy walking the other direction who was yelling at somebody on the phone. All I heard was, “you’re being so foul right now. You’re hella foul. You f*&#@ing bleepity bleep …” and then he got far enough away that I couldn’t hear any more. He seemed a trifle hypocritical though.

I miss working on the East side.

In unrelated news, every time I see someone with an iPad, the first thought that goes through my head is, "good God that's a gigantic phone."  I'm not sure I'll be able to make the transition to tablet computers.

No comments: