Thursday, March 24, 2011

Brownie Humidor

They say that necessity is the mother of invention, and I currently have a necessity.  You see, this weekend I significantly underestimated the volume of brownies that the Costco mix would make.  Now I have more brownies than is safe for one man to eat and they are starting to dry out and get hard.  That is why somebody needs to invent the brownie humidor.  Years ago, when cigars were drying out and losing their flavor, someone stepped up and invented the humidor to keep them fresh.  All these decades later I find it hard to believe that no comparable item exists to keep my brownies moist, gooey, and delicious.  And it would work for other baked goods too:  cookies, turnovers, and even croissants.  I'm not sure a standard humidor would work, the crumbs and what not would get the wood too messy and would be difficult to clean.  Perhaps I need a walk in humidor in my kitchen.  I may have to contact a contractor.

1 comment:

The Chuckman said...

You're probably joking, but I actually think this is a million dollar idea! Sincerely, cookies alone would make this. People already buy cookie-jars, and they don't actually function; it could be that size and in all the styles but actually keep everything fresh and moist. Brilliant!