Thursday, August 13, 2009

Zune HD

Saw this article in the Wall Street Journal today that Microsoft is aggressively pricing the new Zune HD, significantly undercutting the ipod touch. Obviously MS hopes to capture some of the market share currently dominated by Apple, but all I can think is, can you really tell the difference between HD and standard definition on a 2" screen? And how much HD video can you store on a 16 GB player? 5 hours? I guess that's not too bad, but it's a little hard for me to imagine that this is a product the market is clamouring for. I think this will be another poor seller.

In unrelated news, I stumbled across this deal recently, Rock Band special edition with all of the instruments, Rock Band 2, and the AC/DC pack all for $99. Sounds like a great deal and I have googled everything I can think of to find out if it's a legit deal or a scam but can't find anybody talking about it. Does anybody have any idea if it's legit?

No comments: