Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too Good To Last

Brett Favre's retirement that is. I knew it was just a smoke screen to skip out on training camp and today my worst nightmares came true: he unretired yet again and inked a deal with the Vikings. At this point in his career, he really can't help a team any, although I will begrudgingly admit that he's an improvement over the miserable Tarvaris Jackson. Brett is now cementing his legacy as a self centered, egomaniacal attention whore. I will go on record right now with my prediction that he will set a new franchise record for interceptions and will lead the Vikings to a 6-10 record. I had really been looking forward to enjoying a season free of that drama queen, but I guess that will have to wait another year. But I'm afraid that we are a mere 9 months from having a third straight season of him retiring, reading stories of team mates saying he's terrible to play with, then unretiring with yet another team desperate enough to take a chance on him. I know it's too much to ask for, but maybe Julian Peterson will do the world a favor and sack Favre into retirement in the second game of the season on 9/20.
Post a Comment