Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too Good To Last

Brett Favre's retirement that is. I knew it was just a smoke screen to skip out on training camp and today my worst nightmares came true: he unretired yet again and inked a deal with the Vikings. At this point in his career, he really can't help a team any, although I will begrudgingly admit that he's an improvement over the miserable Tarvaris Jackson. Brett is now cementing his legacy as a self centered, egomaniacal attention whore. I will go on record right now with my prediction that he will set a new franchise record for interceptions and will lead the Vikings to a 6-10 record. I had really been looking forward to enjoying a season free of that drama queen, but I guess that will have to wait another year. But I'm afraid that we are a mere 9 months from having a third straight season of him retiring, reading stories of team mates saying he's terrible to play with, then unretiring with yet another team desperate enough to take a chance on him. I know it's too much to ask for, but maybe Julian Peterson will do the world a favor and sack Favre into retirement in the second game of the season on 9/20.

3 comments:

The Chuckman said...

Dude, Rosenfels is an upgrade to Favre (at this age) AND T. Jackson! Minnisota is throwing away $13 mill AND downgrading at quarterback. The only nice part of this story is if you're a GB fan because it means Brett is sticking it to the Vikings one last time for you. :p

Nativity Camel said...

Um, the Vikings are winning this division with or without Favre. They've got the best defense and best running game in the NFC North. Don't let your Brett hatred blind your predictions.
That said, I agree that Rosenfels is a serviceable QB.

The Chuckman said...

You know what I'm excited for, when Brett finally does just fall apart physically and concedes to his next career as a broadcaster; and then every season the drama of him retiring from that, and dramatically coming back in time for the season, but not having to announce all the pre-season stuff. :p