Sunday, August 02, 2009

Blue Angel's Practice

In what was a nice change of pace from my usual work day, on Friday the property managers handed out passes to several employees to go up on the roof of this building - Safeco Plaza - to watch the Blue Angels practice and eat a free lunch.


The food was not too good and the dj had a limited repartoir that began to loop at about 45 minutes, and it was somehow disappointing to have to hear "Danger Zone" at ear splitting levels, but it was free so how could I complain. Not to mention it was better than working and the views from up there were amazing. From this angle you can see the miniature looking Space Needle off in the distance.


Off in the hazy distance you can see downtown Bellevue.


The Blue Angels didn't get very close to the building while I was up top, but thanks to the smoke trail you can see that they did actually make an appearance.


If you look closely enough, you can see 6 Angels above the head of the girl in the pink tank top. And you can't tell because she's facing the wrong direction, but the girl in pink looks like an angel as well.


I was playing around with the panorama feature on my phone and got almost a 180 degree view facing east. I think it turned out pretty well. I just wish I could do it at a higher resolution. If you're interested, I've got a couple more pictures here.

No comments: