Sunday, August 02, 2009

Crazy Eric's

On Saturday I took a trip over to Bremerton to help my brother move and availed myself of the opportunity to grab lunch at Crazy Eric's. I haven't been there in years and truly wish they had a location in Seattle, or even better, on the east side somewhere.

Don't let the horrible run down appearance fool you, it has looked exactly like that for as long as I can remember but the food hasn't changed. It is a haven of unhealthy, grilled and deep fried foods. Prices have increased a bit over the years, but you can still get a good meal for relatively cheap. I'm not entirely sure what they do differently than other places, but Crazy Eric's is still the home of the best onion rings and corn dogs that money can buy. It's also tough to go there without getting a delicious shake made by hand with real ice cream.

I picked up a bacon cheeseburger, onion rings, and a corn dog and was completely satisfied, but the one complaint I had was with the staff. Since it was blistering hot and they were stuck in an un-air conditioned shack filled with ovens, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and blame it on the heat, but found them to be exceptionally slow and not entirely friendly. I won't go so far as to call them surly, but they didn't really seem happy to be there. All in all though, I'm glad I stopped by and highly recommend that anyone in the vicinity of Bremerton or Belfair grab some grub. They also have a booth at the Puyallup fair every year and I may end a several year absence in order to get my mouth around their famous giant fair burger. If I do go to the fair though I may need to finally sample the Earthquake Burger from the restaurant of the same name - something that's been on my to do list for far too long. And I can't get that without teaming it with the fault line fries. I'm getting hungry....

2 comments:

Jesse Taylor said...

Is this the one in Gorst, or did you travel all the way to Belfair?

Unknown said...

This is the one on National in Bremerton, about halfway between the shipyard and the car dealerships.