Wednesday, August 05, 2009

GI Joe

Bad news for those of you hoping for a good GI Joe movie. Reports are that Paramount Studios is not allowing reviewers to screen the movie prior to it's release. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad, but it certainly isn't a good sign. Proceed with caution before shelling out any money on this one.

In almost related news, I recently sat through Watchmen and it was truly terrible. I have been trying to decide whether or not to write a full fledged review and ultimately have decided against it. I will limit myself to saying that it had a very simplistic plot which they tried to mask by throwing every twist and red herring they could think of into it, leaving you with a mess. A 3 hour mess which really dragged at parts. Ultimately what you are left with is a movie with no substance trying to get by on being sylistic and throwing in just enough pointless sex, violence, and anti-social behaviour to appeal to teens. Not to mention a creepy blue dude that doesn't believe in wearing pants. If you are not a male between the ages of 12 and 16, it's hard for me to imagine you will like Watchmen.

2 comments:

The Chuckman said...

Watchmen was awesome. Blogger loses mind. :p

Unknown said...

Dear The Chuckman,

I no longer have any respect for you. As a matter of fact, I think you might need a sock in the neck.

Sincerely,
Craw Fu