Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ouch

Prepare yourself for some random, unrelated topics here. Let's start with the fact that posting will be pretty light for a while since I either broke or dislocated a finger, can't bend it at all, and it hurts like a motherf^^&* to type. See, that's one hell of a typo right there.

This injury caused me to miss out on a double header in my softball league today. Or at least I tried to miss out. Due to circumstances, I still got roped into playing one inning and despite being unable to grip the bat with my right hand, I'm proud to say still managed a single. And that was while playing in loafers because I didn't come to the game prepared to play.

Thanks to the Mariners winning 2 of 3 this weekend, they are now 5-4 in games I've attended. I am obviously good luck for the hapless M's and they should pay me to go to games. Oh wait, they already do, well they should pay me more.

I LOVE the warm weather we've had and am absolutely heartbroken that it won't be staying around longer. Wearing shorts and tank tops has been so nice. And on Saturday I braved the blistering temperatures and huge crowds and went down to Alki. There isn't a much nicer place in the world when it's hot outside. Any time anybody reading this is planning a trip to Alki, invite me along. I'll take just about any excuse to go there.

With the new Indy movie release less than a week away, I will try to get a new Indy trivia question each day this week. Today's question: What is the name of the snake in the cockpit in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

I watched an episode of Sports Science on FSN today, and one of the tests they performed was shooting a man in the crotch with a 95 mph tennis ball. The numb nuts (he sure wished they were numb) that volunteered for the job did so for the princely sum of $50. I don't know how much money it would take to get me to do that, but I guarantee it would be a whole lot more than that.

Finally, one huge helping of praise to the person who can answer this bonus trivia question: In the Simpsons, how did Marion Anthony "Fat Tony" D'Amico, head of the Springfield legitimate businessmen's club, say that his wife died?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the big snake is a big old Boa constrictor. (isn't it orange and white?)

Was his name Teddy or something?

Unknown said...

Close, but no.

Anonymous said...

Well if it's not a boa constrictor, then it's a python.....

Is it's name Reggy then?

Unknown said...

Yes, it was Reggie. Unfortunately no prize was offered for this trivia question so you win nothing.

Anonymous said...

Where's some more Indy trivia?