Monday, May 12, 2008

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

I just came across this little rumor today. Sources say that Bruce Willis is being considered for the role of Hannibal Smith in the upcoming A-Team film. I don't know about this one, I don't really see Bruce as a good fit for this role. I'd kind of like to see Arnold make his glorious big screen return as Hannibal, but maybe that's only because, like Hannibal, he smokes cigars.

I assume that B.A. Barracus will be entirely CGI since no actor can successfully fill the ample shoes of Mr. T. Michael Clark Duncan is the only person that springs to mind right now that I would consider for the role. I sure hope we don't end up with someone like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, or worse yet, Vin Diesel.

I think they are going to have to update them to Iraq war veterans since Vietnam vets would be too old now. I could see "Howling Mad" Murdoch being played by that super annoying actor that played Shaggy - Matthew Lillard I think his name is. I would rather see someone else, but for some reason he's the first name that popped into my head. And even though he's probably too old for the part, I think I'd like to see Owen Wilson as Face to round out the cast. Or maybe Jackie Chan. No, forget that, Owen Wilson it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They've been talkin' 'bout an A-Team movie for some years now. So, I don't know how much I can believe any rumors until I see all the cast signed. Bruce Willis sounds like a good pick, but I like Arnold even better. I also like Michael Clark Duncan as B.A. In the past, I've heard rumors of Ving Rhames. I wouldn't be suprised if they picked Ice Cube.

Anonymous said...

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=40213 here's a site where people put in their 2 cents for the roles. Some of the ones I like are: Sam Rockwell-Murdock, and Luke Wilson(did you mean this Wilson?)-Face. A lot of people are saying Christian Bale as Face, but I don't know about that....

Unknown said...

I could see Sam Rockwell as Murdock, that would work. And I could see either Wilson as Face, but I personally think Owen is funnier. Christian Bale wouldn't work though because Face was kind of a wussy pretty boy. Christian Bale isn't wussy enough and I'm not sure he's pretty enough either. Maybe that one guy who's name I can't remember, you know who I'm talking about. The guy with the brown hair. Jake Gyllenhaal (I had to look it up)