Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day

Due to my lack of interest in typing lately, I've delayed my Memorial Day post. Once again I'd like to thank all of the soldiers and veterans who have risked or given their lives to defend this country and the world.

As has become my tradition, I watched some war movies. I find that I'm partial to WWII movies, and this week I have made it through about half of Band of Brothers. If you haven't seen it yet, you owe it to yourself to watch it. Particularly the episodes in Bastogne. It's based on actual events from the 101st airborne, easy company. What these men put themselves through to save the world from Hitler was truly amazing. In the Battle of the Bulge, they were in the Arden forest in the snow with no cold weather gear, short of ammunition and food, with no artillery, air support, or reinforcements, and yet they dug in and held off a larger German force. I can't even imagine what that must have been like.

So once again, thank you to all of the soldiers and veterans, and go watch Band of Brothers.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Scott,
Thanks for saying "soldiers", not "troops" like everyone else. They are not troops, they're F'ing soldiers! I've been driven nuts by this misuse of the english language / basic vocabulary for many years now. Thanks for keeping hope alive.
peace.
Shelvis