Thursday, May 22, 2008

End Of An Era

The Safeco tower is officially gone. On the UW web site, you can see some of their photos of the signs being changed. For some reason, despite the fact that I'm completely sick of working at Safeco, it still makes me feel a little sad. I don't really know why. It kind of feels like losing a landmark. Anyway, in addition to the 'official' photos, here is the view from my office taken with my crappy camera phone.


And here is another from down the street when I took a stroll up to Trader Joe's.



3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I know how you feel even though I don't work for Safeco anymore it is sad. Safeco has been in my life since I was 6 years old and my mother started working there. It's also sad for me because I know what Safeco used to be and now it's just a shell of it's former self.

Shawn said...

Scott,
I totally noticed this the first day it went up and I have to admit I like it. However, being that I work for the other "local" corporation that has been mercilessly run into the ground I understand your feelings about working for Slaveco. I have to add this comment to your previous post about your CEO's bizarre speech the day the sale was announced. That is all women are batshit crazy. Crazier than you'll ever know. Steer clear. save yourself. Crazy I tell you!
My point? Watch Fight Club 27 times over the course of a weekend and you'll understand.
Shelvis

Shawn said...

what dosage did you get on the percs? 10mg, 20mg...?