Saturday, May 30, 2009

Beautify Your Hole, Beautify Your Soul

I've been meaning to do my spring cleaning since, well, spring 2008. Since I haven't done a good thorough cleaning, the clutter has piled up and to quote the immortal Spinal Tap, I'm living in a hell hole. To quote the visionary Moe Syzlak if you beautify your hole, you beautify your soul. I need to get rid of the dank. I just can't seem to find the motivation. It's just so much easier to go somewhere else. There is just so much tidying up to do that it seems overwhelming. I think it might be time to start looking into maid service.

So right now I'm trapped in that eternal dilemma. On the one hand I'm anal enough that when I look at my place I'm repelled by the clutter but on the other hand I'm lazy and just don't seem to have the energy to do anything about it. I've been going with the doing a little bit at a time approach but don't seem to be making a dent. I've considered the time honored tradition of suckering friends over under false pretenses to enlist their aid in cleaning and straightening, but frankly I'm a little embarrassed to have people see my place in this condition. At this point I'm beginning to think that I just need a long enough stay at home vacation that I get bored enough to clean it all up. Until then, I guess my mantra will remain, "maybe next weekend...."

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I'm such an organizational freak I could have the whole place whipped into shape in a few hours.

Unknown said...

What are you doing this weekend?

Brandon said...

Oh, but Moe, the dank! The dank!

The Chuckman said...

Am I the only one who was worried this post was going to be about bleaching the chocolate starfish?

Unknown said...

Huh. Well, I've never heard that phrase before but can only assume that it is some kind of disgusting inuendo. Way to bring the whole blog down into the gutter Chuckman.