Sunday, April 19, 2009

37 Stitches

I'm starting to become a Drowning Pool fan. I'm a little ashamed I don't know too much about them. I first heard them in 2001 (I had to look it up) when their song Bodies was getting some airplay. Then I didn't hear anything from them for several years and assumed they were done until they re-emerged in late 2007 with the great songs Soldiers and Enemy and the not so good cover of Rebel Yell. And while looking up the date that Bodies was released, I also found some interesting facts. Jonathan Papelbon (Red Sox pitcher) plays Bodies when he comes to the mound and it has been in the trailer for the following movies: Rambo, Daredevil, XXX, The One, Jason X (Friday the 13th sequel), and The Punisher.

I'm pretty proud of the band for going to Iraq to perform for the troops with the USO and campaigning for better mental health care for returning soldiers. The song Soldiers was written to honor our soldiers and half the proceeds from their 'This is for the soldiers' tour went to fund mental health care for them. You can read more about it here.

Anyway, back to 37 stitches, it's a little slower and melodic than their previous offerings. I love the harmonies and haunting guitars. I'm not really sure what the song is about but assume a bad relationship. I could listen to this song over and over though. I think I'll learn to play it.



No comments: