Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Quality Acting

I was thinking today, I am very fond of both Anthony Hopkins and Morgan Freeman. I will watch anything either of those guys is in. I can't really say that about many actors. I'm not sure what exactly it is about them, but they are absolutely captivating. My point? I don't really have one, but I think I need to see Amistad again since both of them were in that.

Also, if you haven't seen The World's Fastest Indian, you should watch that immediately. It's not a very well known movie, but it's very good. Based on a true story, Anthony Hopkins plays a New Zealand man who modified his Indian motorcycle and then spent every dollar he had to go to the Bonneville salt flats to race it and ended up setting a new land speed record. And you have to watch the extras on the DVD. There is some home video of the real guy, and it's absolutely amazing how much Anthony Hopkins absolutely nailed that part. And it's just a fascinating, uplifting story. No matter how many obstacles this guy encountered, he never let it get him down.

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I also enjoy pretty much anything those two actors are in. The Contract with Morgan Freeman was good, but weird to see him play a bad guy. I absolutely love him in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

I can't wait to see Anthony Hopkins in Fracture. That comes out on Tuesday I think.

Unknown said...

Fracture was the last movie I saw in the theater. It wasn't Hopkins best work, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Plus he plays an extremely intelligent character named Crawford. How can you go wrong there?