Friday, August 17, 2007

Earthquake in Peru

I'm sure most of you by now have heard about the 7.9 Earthquake in Peru. Apparently the death toll is now over 500. Well, I had a bit of a scare when I first heard about it since my sister is currently on vacation in Peru. The good news is that I got an email from her and she is ok. She was up in Cusco at the time and was far enough away that she wasn't in any danger. The bad news is that she was supposed to fly from Cusco to Lima yesterday, and fly back home from Lima Saturday, but with the airport in Lima closed, she's stuck in Peru for the time being. I don't have any fear of flying, but that is exactly the thing that worries me most when traveling. Getting stuck somewhere unable to get home. So it's a relief that she's safe, but this won't help my anxiety any the next time I travel.

No comments: