Wednesday, January 06, 2010

There's An App For That

The last couple of times I've ridden the ferry, I've noticed people who can't remember where their car is wandering around looking confused, waving their arm in the air, pushing the button on their keyless entry remote in the hopes of seeing lights flashing somewhere, calling them home.  One guy even went so far as to set off his alarm so he could find his car.  That got me thinking that there needs to be an iphone app that will help these lost souls find where they parked.  It will link the GPS in the phone with the one in the car, and with the aid of Google maps, will give you turn by turn directions back to your car. 

In addition to the "where's my car" app, there should be a Starbucks app.  As soon as I walk in the door it will alert the barista to begin making my favorite drink.  I also envision this app having the functionality of being able to place any order on my phone and have it transmitted the moment I walk in the door.  Then, and only then, will I consider buying an iphone.  When there's coffee in it for me.

No comments: