Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Odds & Ends

I'm a little unfocused today and will attempt to weave a few different stories/musings into one cohesive post, but I make no promises that it won't turn out to be a disaster. 

First off I'll start with a tale of regret.  A few months ago I had a falling out with a former friend.  Without getting into specifics, I got pissed off enough that I sent an email stating that I no longer had any interest in maintaining contact with this individual.  Knowing that things said while emotional are sometimes ill advised, I was very cautious to be overly nice in the afore mentioned email so as not to say something I would later regret.  Thinking back on it now though, it turns out that what I regret is not taking the opportunity to vent and say some mean things.  I find it a bit odd that I still have feelings of hostility this much after the fact.  I really thought I would have moved on to indifference by now. 

Moving on, I had kind of an unusual situation occur this morning.  I was walking to the bus stop this morning and saw a woman about half a block in front of me heading toward the same stop.  I don't know why, because I never saw her face, but for some reason I thought she reminds me of somebody I used to work with.  It's been about 3 years since I've seen this former co-worker so I don't know why I would think that, but the weird thing was that I got up to the bus stop and got a good look at her and it turns out it is her.  I said hi and she looked uncomfortable and looked away, so I don't think she remembers who I am.  Either that or she does remember me and was mortified to see me.  I prefer the previous scenario though.  Still, it was pretty surprising to find that someone who had quit to move to another state now lives within walking distance of me. 

I had something else I was going to mention but have now forgotten, so instead here is this story about the apparent discovery of the mythical city of El Dorado.  Conquistadors searched for it for centuries, but apparently sattelites have found it buried deep in the jungles of the Amazon.  It's always the last place you look.

No comments: